Do you have a passion for contemporary art?
Do you love engaging with contemporary artists, visiting museums, galleries, and art fairs but are often mesmerized by what you see?
Do you wish you could understand contemporary art better but do not have the time to go back to graduate school and major in Art History?
Would you prefer to get access to an insider’s expertise and get all the information you need in one place?
Do you want to learn how to collect relevant art, how to navigate the art market, how to assess value like an expert, how to negotiate with art dealers, and how to talk about art in an intelligent way?
Nobody is born a connoisseur. If you want to acquire contemporary art that retains aesthetic and market value, you first need to develop your collector skills and learn how to see!
Unlike other contemporary art courses that focus on theoretical issues or the history of art, Private Study offers a practical approach to the art market; a step by step guide into what to buy, when to buy, and how to go about it.
5 Reasons to Sign Up for Private Study
1) insider information you can use to buy art with self-confidence,
2) money saving tips to avoid costly mistakes,
3) art collecting strategies to help you navigate an unregulated market,
4) a deeper emotional connection to contemporary art,
5) fulfilling your intellectual curiosity through an enriching educational program
Contact us to find out more about Private Study
Private Study is the only art collecting course that is 100% personalized–a unique educational experience that will continue to enrich your passion for art for years to come!
What courses do you offer through Private Study?
We offer 2 types of Private Study Courses: Day & Weeklong Courses
Day Courses focus on individual topics
Because of their short 3 hour format, they serve as a mini-introduction to contemporary art.
Day Courses are great opportunities to get familiarized with:
- a particular artist or medium,
- get to know who are today’s top artists and emerging talent,
- learn the inside scoop on the art market,
- or visit Chelsea’s Art Gallery District guided by an art historian by your side.
Weeklong Courses offer 5 fully integrated modules designed according to your familiarity with contemporary art
Because of their in depth format, Weeklong Courses are perfect if:
- you are ready to start your own collection,
- you want to explore your life long passion for art,
- you are seeking in depth art market advice.
We also like to think of Weeklong Courses as “enriching explorations“ into fascinating topics.
- Explore New York’s great art collections
- Understand why contemporary art seems so perplexing
- Learn how the art market people pay so much money for artworks that were created so recently?
While both Day & Weeklong Courses are 100% personalized, they share our commitment to giving our clients impartial and professional art market advice.
how are the courses personalized?
If you are a fan of contemporary photography and would like to make it the focus of your Weeklong Private Study, we will design an entire course around contemporary photography.
Within this topic, five fully personalized One-on-One Lessons will introduce you to:
- emerging and iconic photographers,
- art market performance,
- key collecting strategies,
- conservation issues,
- and long term outlook for this collecting category.
how am I going to learn?
Aside for a One-on-One session, each Private Study session is complemented with Art Sheets and Resources that will help you focus on key concepts.
how long is each session?
Given its personalized nature, the length of each module varies from 2 to 3 hours, depending on the content covered, and can be scheduled in the morning or evening, according to your other commitments.
If you enjoy contemporary art but have a little time to learn about it, we know you’ll love Private Study.
Contact us to learn how we can personalize a Private Study course for you today!